Saturday, July 24, 2010

Short folk 6: True Lies

So this isn't a story. It's something that happened last night after our seminar here in Mexico city. Our generous and kind and extremely classy hosts picked my father and I up from the airport in their beautiful jeep grand Cherokee. Brand new. Plush leather. Can you see where this is going? We valeted the car at the skyscraper where we were having the seminar. the first four floors of the skyscraper are a parking structure. It was a Great meeting. 2plus hours of the Allen show, my father and I speaking to about 100 people. Really great. But while we were talking the Valets were joyriding that jeep grand Cherokee. Apparently pretty vigourously because one of them drove it through the iron facade of the skyscraper and off of the fourth floor of the building. When it fell it crushed a parked car, flipped over and took out an entire electrical pole-- the live wires snaking all around the sidestreet and cutting power to the city block. The valet walked away from it which is kind of a miracle.

Later in the hotel room my father and I were just trying to take it all in. You should have seen the chaos of that scene. It'd post the picture if I could from my iPhone. We turned on the tv to unwind and a scwarzenneger movie was on. 6th day I think it was called. Lots of car chases. Lots of cars falling off of cliffs and the whole time my father and I chuckling guiltily as we'd say "looks about a fourth story fall to me". Crazy night. Regular posts will resume tomorrow when (if) I get bac to the states.

2 comments:

  1. This cannot be real. I can't believe this. You have to tell me whether or not this is fiction. It's blowing my mind. And hey, you have until midnight to post one. I hope you got some internet handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Completely true story. I didn't even add any of my normal embellishments.

    ReplyDelete