Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Short Folk #20 Lobster Hunting

Note: Both stories today have a nautical theme. Don't know why, they just came out. Both are experiences I have lived, though in different settings and with different company. Enjoy. 


The lagoon is in darkness except for one light. I think it is two men in an outrigger canoe, paddling deliberately across the water. They are hunting for something.  They move away from me, out towards the reef, until all I can see against the dark backdrop is the light and the curved line of the canoe in the circle of the light. 

And now the light has split. I see it somehow divide. Each man must be carrying a light now because they are moving away from each other. Where there two boats to begin with? Or are these men walking knee deep in the lagoon? And if so, what are they hunting? What could they possibly be hunting?

No comments:

Post a Comment